In this blog article, Beth Abbott from our Conveyancing team demystifies the term ‘Caveat Emptor’, the principles of which are key when buying or selling a new home. What does Caveat Emptor mean? Put simply, Caveat Emptor is a Latin term...
Acas Advice on Workplace Dress Codes
The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) has issued new guidance for employers who wish to impose dress standards in the workplace.
The key points to bear in mind are:
- Employers should have sound business reasons for applying a particular dress code;
- Dress codes must apply to both men and women equally, although they may have different requirements;
- Reasonable adjustments must be made for disabled people when dress codes are in place;
- Employers must avoid unlawful discrimination in any dress code policy; and
- There may be health and safety reasons for having certain standards in place.
The guidance can be found here.
Contact us if you would like advice on this subject.