Ashby de la Zouch

01530 639 031


01827 758 041

Financial and property matters relating to divorce


Financial matters relating to separation

There are various financial matters that may be involved in separation, including what will happen to any savings, pension plans, shares and investments and any other financial assets. You may also need to agree a maintenance settlement, including a child maintenance agreement.

We can help negotiate an appropriate settlement or represent you in court where you and your former partner cannot agree a fair settlement voluntarily. Where you do agree a settlement voluntarily, we can help you apply for a court order to make this agreement binding, reducing the potential for any future conflict if one or both parties change their minds about the agreement.


Property matters relating to separation 

In any separation, deciding what happens to your home is often one of the biggest issues that needs resolving. Where you own a home with your partner, we can help reach a fair settlement on what happens to the property, including who gets to keep possession and what financial compensation the other party will receive.

We can also help with settlements relating to any other property you own, including commercial property and residential buy-to-let property. This includes advising on any tax implications involved in the sale of property.


Divorce: who gets what?


The financial side of a divoce: find out more

Start the divorce process with us today. 

Request a call back

Make an enquiry






Whatever your needs, assets or personal situation, we will listen to you and provide friendly and practical advice. Understanding your circumstances is the most important thing, so if you prefer to meet in person, by video link or something else - no matter where you are, we’re here to drive the change you need, or solve the problems you have.

Ask a Question Request a Callback Get a Quote

Latest News and Events

Wills, Trust & Probate

Could Lasting Power of Attorneys go digital?

The Government plans to introduce a digital system for registering a Lasting Power of Attorney, but will this leave the elderly vulnerable to abuse?
Read Article
Wills, Trust & Probate

Interview: Wills and Probate with Janki Raikundalia

Janki Raikundalia discusses the change in Wills and Probate and her advice and predictions for what the future may look like
Read Article
Team Fishers

Fishers Solicitors find out if they win Employer of the Year award!

On Thursday 16th September a group of employees at Fishers are heading to the Maher Centre in Leicester to attend an award ceremony to see if they have been successful in winning the Leicestershire Live, Employer of the Year award.
Read Article
Wills, Trust & Probate

The campaign: change the law which revokes Wills on marriage

In recent years, there has been a campaign to change the law to ensure that Wills are not automatically cancelled by a marriage, as this puts vulnerable people being at risk of being exploited.
Read Article
Home, Property & Land

I’m selling my house, what can I take?

When you sell your home, you will be asked to complete a Fixtures, Fittings & Contents information form, to ensure that it is clear between yourself and your buyer as to which items will be included or excluded from the sale of the property.
Read Article
Family Law

Do grandparents have a right to contact with their grandchildren?

For grandparents, losing contact with a grandchild can be heart-breaking. Read our guide to what you can do if you are prevented from spending time with your grandchild.
Read Article
Wills, Trust & Probate

Leaving gifts to charity in your will

International Charity Day falls on 5th September, find out how you could contribute by leaving a gift in your will.
Read Article
Fishers is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA number 48317. The Solicitors Code of Conduct can be found by clicking the logo.


Cookie Policy   |   Terms & Conditions   |   Privacy Policy   |   Sitemap

© 2021 Fishers Solicitors

Website Design Quiet Storm Solutions Ltd